Flange Spreader (Flange Boy)
- Easy and safe mechanical separation of piping flanges for inspection works/maintenance.
- All parts are manufactured with the highest quality materials.
- FLANGE BOY is proven in international tests.
- Transfers enormous force without damaging the support plates.
- If very great force has to be applied, advise use of two or more (up to 4) Flange Boys.
- Insert the FLANGE BOY in one of the bolt holes of a flange. Slip the bolt support plate, which is held by a chain, between the flange facings underneath the adjusting bolt.
- Once the FLANGE BOY is jammed tight, continue turning with a wrench until a position is reached where a gasket can be replaced or a spade set.
- Then, slacken back the adjusting bolt to the point where the support plate can be removed, and tap the adjusting bolt with a hammer to free the FLANGE BOY from the bolt hole.
- Recommend the use of two FLANGE BOYs in cases where the transfer of very great force is required. Insert the second FLANGE BOY in the corresponding hole of the companion flange. The force applied will act on the same support plate. You will, thus, be able to apply heavy loads without risking damage to the support plate. Due to the flange proportions, it is not possible to increase the thickness of the support plate.
- Grease threads well before using.
- Do not load a plate on one side while using great force.
- Attention! To avoid serious injuries, never put your fingers between the separated flanges.